Kitsap County Conference for Human Rights
Kitsap County Conference for Human Rights takes place 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, December 7 at Olympic College, 1600 Chester Ave., Bremerton.
General ticket categories: Adult, Youth, Adult with Informational Table. Sponsorship levels of support also available. See ticket sales information. Sponsorships help fund youth scholarships.
This year's theme is "Building Community in a Polarized Environment: Celebrating Our Togetherness." The conference is organized by the Kitsap County Council for Human Rights and sponsors include Olympic College, the Kitsap County Board of Commissioners, Kitsap Sun and the Shiers Law Firm.
The conference begins with a complimentary continental breakfast and a special introduction with Harriette Bryant of the Bremerton Housing Authority and Partnering for Youth Achievement to kick off the day, followed by a dozen interactive workshops, a delicious lunch and time to network. The afternoon will include facilitated tabletop discussions.
- The Power of Empathy for Ourselves and Others with Marcia Christen of Northwest Compassionate Communication
- Dignity and Equality: What are Human Rights? with Judy Arbogast of the Council for Human Rights
- Building Community Through Volunteering with Tamra Ingwaldson of United Way of Kitsap County
- Considering RACE and ACES with Sonia Barry of North Kitsap School District
- Affordable Housing with Regina Adamson of Kitsap Public Market
- How to Kill an Indian With a Piece of Paper: Blood Quantum Laws and Contemporary American Indian Identity with Noel Purser of the Suquamish Tribe
- Healing Roots: Tools for Survivors with Beckie Evans and Erika Anderson of Life Keys Energy
- Disaggregating Population Data to Shed Light on Health Disparities with Maya McKenzie of the Kitsap Public Health District
- The Restorative Circle Experience with Sue Miglino of the Dispute Resolution Center of Kitsap County
- Peer Support 101: Building Community Resiliency with Pattie Marshall of the Health Care Authority Behavioral Health and Recovery Division
- Bully You, Bully Me (A Search for the Bully Within) with Karen Vargas of Living Life Leadership
If you need special accommodations, you will be asked to provide details when you receive a confirmation for your ticket purchase.
Olympic College (View)
1600 Chester Avenue
Bremerton, WA 98337
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|